Sunday, January 10, 2010

न्यू इयर'स रेसोलुतिओं

Cliched moments fill the new year as people scramble around, writing down their new year's resolutions. I've attempted this before, but don't remember ever being successful. I guess, I still believe what my dad told me; that whatever you do on the first day of the New Year, is what you'll do all year long. Now, usually that means picking and choosing what you want to do on the New Day,but rarely does that ever go accordingly. Well at least not for me. Tears found their way after moments of short-lived bliss, and surprises took hold of me, not in the good way.
Usually, I would feel unmotivated because it wouldn't be worth the trouble, but with recent goings on and standing in the shower figuring out what it is I really want out of life, I kind of don't need to be motivated. I just need to do it. One of the goals I'd like to stick to is writing a blog daily. I need to get in the habit of having something constant in my life and something I actually look forward too. Plus having practice for writing won't hurt. The next thing attacks the health aspect of my life, given history I have a lot of things that I need to really look out for and I guess starting now and working up the sweat should sort of help combat some of these evils. So jogging every day at 6:00 am till 7:00. This one might be the tougher one, since I have classes and it's so cold outside, but again going for the whole constancy issue. Plus I hear you look good in dresses.
Tomorrow is the first day of the Second Semester at UNC Chapel Hill and a new start for a new year. There's a lot I learned from last year and I think it'll be a challenge to see if I can battle old demons or ignore them completely and make this year mine. That's the other major resolution: Be selfish. I've always given myself to others, I won't stop doing that, but I don't plan on doing it as often and I'll be very selective to who'll get that help. I just need to boost my confidence up and I think the only way will be by being selfish.
I'm heading off to bed now, or some little organisation for tomorrow. Best of luck to all you resolutioners - may God or the force be with you (:
~mISsMusE~

No comments: